We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
Tack Truck Operator
- Company description
Ruby Rock Asphalt Works Ltd. offers complete infrastructure development and road construction services for commercial, municipal and residential clients throughout Central and Southern Alberta.
From design planning and site preparation to construction and finishing, we have the knowledge and experience to deliver quality results on time and on budget while following established best practices with concern to the environment.
An Airdrie based contractor founded in 1994, we are dedicated to developing a professional, positive and pleasant working relationship with all our clients in order to exceed expectations for complete customer satisfaction. Our commitment to safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
We believe in honest, straightforward communication with all involved in every project. Providing the desired results the first time, every time, has enabled us to gain an outstanding reputation in our industry.
Fully bonded, we have the equipment to get the job done, regardless of size. Our field staff, estimators and project supervisors are always available to help provide the timely communication, advice and professional expertise.
The Tack Truck Driver drives tack or distributor truck to transport emulsion to and from specified destinations. Will be working on a paving crew when not driving a truck. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks.
· Valid Class 3 drivers license with air endorsement, or equivalent
· 1-3 years experience operating an Asphalt Distributor Truck preferred with previous experience or background in all types of asphalt paving, i.e., streets, highways, parking lots and small commercial projects
· Ability to bend, stoop, lift, push and be on your feet for long periods of time, in all weather conditions
· Ability to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Driving tack or distributor truck to safely transport emulsion
· Loading truck from emulsion tank
· Applying emulsion to road surface prior to paving
· Maintaining truck log according to regulations
· May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to ensure the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to refer major problems to the supervisor.
· Performing assigned tasks on paving crew as directed. This may include various equipment operations and laboring.
· Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
Other duties assigned as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$27.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tack Truck Driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 3 with air brake endorsement or equivalent (required)
- CSTS (Construction Safety Training) Training Certificate (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680