We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
The Road Construction Labourer is responsible for providing physical labour support during all phases of construction and production, right until completion. The Labourer provides a broad range of support in areas such as hand work, moving materials, cleaning terrain, site preparation, sweeping and shovelling and basic equipment operation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous labour experience within a road construction setting an advantage; and
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License with a clean abstract; and
- Completion of the CSTS course preferred; and
- Current First Aid preferred; and
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment safely, correctly and effectively.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviours.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule when required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Must adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements.
- Complete duties in accordance with the OHSA and company health and safety regulations, policy and procedures.
- Work well in a team environment
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite
- Using a rake or shovel to spread gravel and/or asphalt and other construction materials over road surfaces
- Ensure worksite is organized and free of clutter, rubble and garbage
- Shovel asphalt into areas accessible to paving machines and compact asphalt using rakes and hand tampers
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program
- Able to comprehend new information and techniques quickly
- Comfortable working long hours, including possible weekend work
- Hard working, physically fit and able to lift 20lbs or more
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $20 – $26
Location: Central Alberta Area
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680