We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
The Grading Foreman is responsible for overseeing and supervising daily activities of the base crew including safety and quality. The Grading Foreman must be willing to perform on-site job duties along with the crew and ensure compliance with safe work practices, policies, procedures and government regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience handling crews ranging from 5-8 people: and
- Possess the ability to perform each essential grading/base duty satisfactorily; and
- Proficient with finish grading and sub-grade stabilizing methods, techniques and equipment; and
- Proficient in interpreting project plans for road construction for municipal and commercial sites including residential subdivision experience; and
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks and work in all types of weather and terrain; and
- Minimum valid class 5 driver’s license required, and
- CSTS 2020 certification required, and
- First Aid certification, preferred.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors and coworkers.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Must adhere to processes and policies in support of organizational goals, legal duties and legislative requirements.
- Work with the Superintendent to prioritize work schedules to meet production deadlines.
- Construct projects to acceptable engineering standards and ready for asphalt or concrete placement
- Interact and communicate with trucking and other subcontractors.
- Ensure quality control and recognize any deficiencies before completion of additional work/quantities.
- Operate a variety of base equipment, such as grader, roller, skid steer, and perform labour duties.
- Organize and track crew’s time and activity ensuring accuracy of job numbers and cost codes.
- Write force accounts and obtain sign off from owner if applicable.
- Responsible for tools and equipment being maintained and available for use.
- Utilize leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop crew members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate of Pay: $30 – $36
Location: Central Alberta Area
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680