We’re always looking for excellent people to join Ruby Rock.
This is a working Foreman position where the successful candidate will operate machinery as well as supervise workers and projects; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Co-ordinate and schedule activities; Co-ordinate work activities with other Foremen, Superintendents, or Estimators/Project Managers; Requisition materials and supplies; Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity; Must be flexible, a team player, and organized. Must be able to read blueprints and drawings.
Heavy equipment operators, labourer”s
Ability to Supervise
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
1) CSTS (2020)
2) First Aid
3) Equipment Operator
4) Ground Disturbance
5) Traffic Control (Flagging)
6) Class 5 driver’s license
Additional certification that would be considered an asset;
1) Leadership for Safety Excellence
2) Prime Contractor
3) Principles of Health and Safety Management
- Minimum of five years’ experience as finish grader operator in road construction or paving industry, and:
- Previous leadership experience and/or supervisory experience in the road construction industry are strong assets
Type of Industry Experience
Road construction; Construction
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Outdoors; Noisy; Dusty
Valid class 5 (non GDL) driver’s license; willing to work in areas of Central Alberta
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
· Ability to perform physically demanding work such as bend, stoop, lift, push and be on your feet for long periods of time, in all weather conditions
· Ability to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime Manual dexterity; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Work under pressure;
- Provide daily guidance and motivation to equipment operators and labourers
- Relay issues of individual poor performance, inappropriate behaviour, absenteeism, etc. to the Superintendent.
- Collaborate with the team and management to help measure, develop and improve operational performance.
- Maintain policies and procedures and ensure compliance with federal and provincial transportation, safety, and employment legislation.
- Ensure all incidents (personal injuries, transportation collisions, spills, near misses, etc.) are promptly reported, documented, an investigation is initiated and corrective/preventative measures are implemented.
- Hold effective toolbox meetings and ensure safety issues are addressed.
- Work with the team and Superintendent to resolve roadblocks to achievement of daily operational objectives.
- Other duties related to Base Crew operations as may be required.
- Strong leadership skills specifically the ability to motivate and drive engagement to achieve objectives, facilitate conflict resolution, and to provide safe working environment.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly verbal
- Computer skills, including the use of MS Word, Excel & Outlook, and web based programs such as SafetyTek and B2W.
- Strong sense of safety; training and experience in similar safety sense environments a strong asset
Knowledge of industry-related equipment, including forklifts, lift jacks, trailers, etc. a strong asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$34.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- supervisory: 3 years (preferred)
- road construction: 3 years (preferred)
- finish grader operator: 5 years (preferred)
- Alberta Class 5 (non GDL) (required)
- CSTS 2020 (preferred)
- First Aid (preferred)
- Equipment Operator Certification (preferred)
It is the policy of Ruby Rock Asphalt Works to be an equal opportunity employer and to hire individuals solely on the basis of their qualification and ability to do the job to be filled. At Ruby Rock Asphalt Works, we work hard to ensure that our employees have the environment, tools and training they need to do their work safely and effectively. We work to build a culture across all of our operations that values diversity, is fair and inclusive, and provides opportunity for career fulfillment.
Fax: (403) 945-2680